Frequently asked questions
Can't see your question below? Drop our team a line on email@example.com
Applying to Oxbridge – Our top 10 tips
1. You should have a very strong academic record. Oxbridge can pick from some of the brightest academic students worldwide, so the competition is fierce.
2. You should have a real interest for the subject that you are applying for. This can’t be a last minute subject choice.
3. If your school doesn’t have a club or society in your subject area – set one up. Chatting about your favourite subject with like-minded teachers and students is highly beneficial and will expand your knowledge.
4. Can you demonstrate your knowledge? – do you have EPQ, work experience, blogs, reading that shows your understanding and deep rooted interest for your subject?
5. Go and visit the universities before you apply – the inspiring environment will motivate you to attain those important grades.
6. Research colleges. Consider distance from your university buildings, accommodation, facilities and size of the college.
7. Consider the intensity of Oxford and Cambridge – don’t apply just because of the prestige. Apply because you love immersing yourself in the subject.
8. Take advantage of your school’s interview practice sessions. You can’t predict what they will ask you at interview, but you can practise responding to academic questions.
9. Don’t feel intimidated before the interview. Other applicants are just as nervous. The most frequent question that we get asked – Is “what should I wear for an Oxbridge interview?” Wear something that you feel comfortable in. The admissions tutors are truly only interested in your academic record and recruiting the best academic applicants.
10. Be bold at interview! You have obviously earned a high academic record. You love your subject – don’t shy away at interview. The interviewers want you to demonstrate your well-earned knowledge, so be yourself.
Q: How long will it take to receive my statement?
A: We offer a 7 day turn around. Due to the fact that we ensure every statement is highly personalised and tailored to the individual, we pride ourselves on scripting and we have each statement checked by our lead writer.
Q: Is it possible to have my statement sent to me sooner?
A: We can offer a 3 day and even 24 hour response. However, this will incur an additional fee. See our express package for details.
Q: Is it possible for me to change my details once I have filled in the form
A: We will script your personal statement and once it is complete, we will email it to you. You are then able to make changes yourself, or we can edit minor changes for you, within 7 days of you receiving the final version.
Q: I have dropped a subject because I was failing, shall I still include it?
A: We focus on your skills, talents and successes, so there is no need to include a subject that you mistakenly took or didn’t enjoy.
Q: I have started my personal statement, but it is not going well. What should I do?
A: Fill in the form, opting for our Premier Package. If you would like, you can add your first draft of your own statement to the email, then we can use it to gain insight into your own writing style. We may be able to use some of what you have already written in the final version.
Q: My UCAS tutor has edited my own personal statement, but the changes are baffling me, can you help me to sort it out?
A: Sometimes even minor changes can be overwhelming. Opt for our Edit Package and we will make the changes for you allowing you to submit your UCAS the following week.
Q: I have shown my personal statement to my friends, family and my teacher. They are all suggesting different alterations. I am not sure what to do, what advice do you have?
A: The problem with showing it to multiple people is that everyone has a different writing style and a different set of core beliefs about what universities are looking for. Use our Edit Package and our personal statement writers will expertly complete it for you.
Q: You don’t offer an admission guarantee. Why is this?
A: We are highly skilled, experienced and professional with an exceptional track record in securing top university offers. However, the statement that you finally submit and the grades that you are predicted and attain, as well as your tutor reference, are the whole package that lead to your admission into university. Because we are only responsible for your final statement and not the grades or the reference, it is not actually possible to offer this level of guarantee.
Q: I’m applying to a sixth-form college, rather than a university. I really need help. Can you assist me with my UCAS statement too?
A: Yes of course, just select one of our 3 packages and complete the form. We will script your personal statement to suit your selected course.
Have further questions?
Use the contact details below to ask us your question.
phone 07794447994 Lines open 24 hours a day!